Project Associate, Consulting
About BellXcel and SCRI
BellXcel is a leading national nonprofit in youth development and education with nearly 30 years’ experience driving high-quality programming that improves access, equity and outcomes. BellXcel partners with youth organizations and schools to offer holistic programs proven to accelerate learning, support social and emotional development, and empower educators.
The Sperling Center for Research and Innovation (SCRI), an affiliate of BellXcel, is dedicated to elevating the quality and impact of schools and youth-serving organizations by making evidence actionable. SCRI draws on BellXcel’s decades of firsthand implementation experience to meet partners where they are, helping them optimize quality, improve outcomes, deepen knowledge, and strengthen systems to achieve their goals. We have unique expertise in summer and afterschool. We employ coaching, intentional design, strategy development, growth planning, evaluation and targeted tools and resources to advance partners’ priorities. SCRI is a remote organization, working with partners and clients nationwide and across multiple time zones.
Position Impact on the Organization
The Project Associate, Consulting at SCRI collaborates with our team of consultants to support a diverse portfolio of Impact Consulting projects. Impact Consulting seeks to build the capacity of youth organizations and schools to best meet the needs of youth, families and communities. SCRI prioritizes evidence-based practice and draws upon and translates research and insights to improve programming and experiences for young people. Projects range from strategy and planning to customized coaching, program design, and evaluation. The Project Associate will have a keen interest in youth development, education, and capacity building, and will bring a strong attention to detail to this role to support project management.
The Project Associate reports to the Managing Director of Consulting Services at SCRI. The Project Associate may be asked to travel up to 25% when conditions are safe to do so.
The Project Associate is responsible for supporting project leads and collaborating on a diverse portfolio of consulting projects with SCRI clients. All projects are intended to improve knowledge, access, quality, outcomes or systems in youth development and education.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Background research to inform the team’s approach to specific projects, or to provide context for a specific project;
- Documentation of project and team meetings;
- Collaboration to ensure successful client meetings, including agenda setting, materials compilation or development, and follow up tasks;
- Support and develop procedures and tools to streamline the operations of SCRI’s consulting service delivery, and manage project logistics as needed;
- Manage and catalog SCRI’s internal and external tools, resources and assets;
- Collaborate on tools, resources, trainings, courses, reports and products in service of client’s goals and objectives;
- Research on potential new clients;
- Apply research findings and best practices in youth development, education, out-of-school time, strategic planning, and system-building / collective action to client engagements and projects;
- Develop internal relationships across SCRI and BellXcel teams to identify opportunities for efficiency and making the best use of existing systems and resources.
- Contribute to tools or reports for internal and external use.
Candidate will have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree and a keen interest in education and youth development. Candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to support complex projects in fast-based and dynamic virtual work environment. Additionally:
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Effective project management and organizational skills, and strong project documentation;
- Effective research skills;
- Commitment to equity as a cornerstone of BellXcel’s and SCRI’s work;
- Ability to work and collaborate on projects across multiple time zones, as needed;
- Potential for up to 25% travel when safe to do so, including the occasional weekend;
- Desire to collaborate as critical member of a team, bringing energy and passion to SCRI.
BellXcel and SCRI are committed to creating amazing experiences for employees—believing that an employee’s satisfaction directly reflects on their ability to make a difference in our collective youth sector impact. We endeavor to consistently and thoughtfully ensure that every employee knows the expectations of his/her role, including how his/her successful performance impacts our mission and ability to scale, as well as the future growth opportunities available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. BellXcel and SCRI are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.